Monday, January 16, 2017

Freeze

Just. Stop right now.

Please. Just stop everything.

The volume needs to come down, needs to bleed
At exceedingly increasing speed towards its needs
(Wait, scratch that, I meant knees)

Better yet, it needs to freeze

So just freeze

Freeze out the general hum
The hum of the humdrum and the scum and the dumb-dumbs
The ones that bumble and fumble and stumble so humble as they tumble
Inwards, outwards and under the tundra like thunder, blunder after blunder
It’s no wonder that there always remains some other out there
Uncovered, unsmothered, unlov...ered

Scratch that last one
Freeze it out

Freeze out the rush
The undercurrent mush that will not, cannot, shall not just… just shush
The engines in cars, the battery bars,
The cellular, elevator, tele-refrigerator
Energizer enervator relegater
The constant ticking or clicking
That won’t stop picking and keeps on sticking
By the prickling and texting of your thumbs
Everything noisy and vexing, this way comes

And now it’s going out
Freeze it out

Freeze out the walkers and squawkers and knock-knocks,
Cock blockers, beat boxers, punk rockers
All out now
The jockers and boxers and the head-blocks (or something like that) alike
The ones with mop tops or the goldie locks, none of whom know how to stop the
Talk-ta-talk-talk-ta-talk

Per tutte le parole, for all the words, para toda las palabras
Non si dice nulla, nothing is said, no se dice nada
They say nothing and mean even less
The vixens, the fix ems, politicians, smitten and slitherin’
They all stay hidden
Their words stay unwritten, stay fixed on the heads of the pens
Before the ink ever spreads itself thin
But their blabber gets in
Let them never begin
House-leavers and couch-weavers and mouth breathers
Ugh, the mouth breathers!
I mean for god sake, blow your fucking nose!

But that’s not where I wanted to go, so...

Freeze out the silly little gimmicks and limericks and outer inner bits
Among all of the fringes and limits
The frames in space and time within this mind
That tick-tick-tick even when the clock will not wind
The simple sides of the climb that no one else could possibly find
So they stay confined as mine
The intricate plots and photo shops of over-the shoulder shots
The who’s-got-what-from-whiches and witches and switches from each slot
All stored neatly in one spot
The notes and quotes from each boat across each moat that hope to float
The faces in shapes and sizes and spaces
That drapes and rises and chases
All through the escapes and demises and disgraces
All through our scrapes and surprises and faces...

...wait…
What am I even doing right now?
I’m making more noise to describe the noise that I’m trying to escape
Ok, screw it, screw everything I just put down on the plate
I need to escape the… well, I guess the escape

Just let it take flight
And let it have weight
And let it be free

Just let it freeze
And I’ll pay the fee, but let me be free
And let me be me

Just stop everything in one, two,
Two and a half
And three quarters
And three

...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I can feel it like a shiver
Like it will almost ring
As the the sound gets drowned out and found out
And not a word of mouth can sing
Not a soul can now bring me back to down from this mountain top
To which I am now the king
No longer an heir, now up in the clear, up into the air where

I
Can’t
Hear
A
Thing

The mouths are moving, but the waves never reach
Like enemies at the gate that never quite breach
They crash and claw at me
But no sand moves from this beach

No puedo oír nada.

The phone rings and no one reaches
No clicks and pings, no dial tone increases
No whispering, no gossiping, no snitching, no speeches
I feel the weight melt away as the pressure releases

Non posso sentire una cosa.

It’s almost like it’s deafening, the weight of not knowing what’s at stake
Not feeling what it takes to be the great break in this muted state
I’m feeling at peace, and I’m feeling awake

It’s like from up here, I don’t just hear things differently, I know them differently
I don’t just hear the peace and quiet, but I feel at peace in quiet
I don’t just hear the faint wind around, I rise and fall with it
I don’t just hear myself breathing, I know that I’m breathing

All in a way that I never knew that I never knew
And never dreamed I'd wanted to

So please
Please just keep it all away today
Just let it freeze
I’ll pay the fee, but let me be free
And let me be me

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ways I Love You

  I love the way you put up with my snoring. The way we watch shows together, usually focusing on different things so we have to compare not...